Saturday, May 29, 2010

FaceDown FaceBook

I'm on the brink. I'm teetering on the edge. As much as I love keeping in touch with those far and wide, I'm considering pulling the plug.

I'm spending too much time on FB It's starting to become a daily feature. Ostensibly there is nothing wrong with this; keeping in touch with friends is good right?

No argument from me there. I really like the contact. I just can't help wondering why lots of people play games all the time, and then share the fact that they're playing games all the time.

I'm a scramble addict. Late night scramble. But you'd never know it. I choose not to pollute the newsfeed..

I'm fairly tight on my privacy settings and I usually check them on a regular basis. I share a lot with my friends but I'm very careful not to give any rights to external websites.

That said, My natural scepticism kicks in when I hear that Facebook 'takes privacy very seriously'. If that were completely true, there would be a catch all 'share nothing' button. There isn't.

So what to do? Shall I press the nuclear button and disappear forever? I know that if I do that, there are many individuals whom I am unlikely to hear from again.

I suppose there is always Twitter.

No comments: