Sunday, August 07, 2005

I'd love to say it was my idea to get the allotment. Striding out like a lone eco warrior ploughing the field and reaping the rewards of giant courgettes. It wasn't though (I haven't even seen it yet).

While I sat on my fat ass and played Football Manager 2005 my girlfriend and her sister did all the backbreaking work. It's only now that I'm hanging onto the coat-tails of their success. But what a success it is. Aside from the giant courgette which has the circumference of a body builder's thigh, we have had potatoes, carrots, onions red and white, marrow, fresh herbs and spinach.

Only after one has savoured organic veg do you realise what a nation of sheep we are. The major supermarkets (and minor ones for that matter) give us the shiniest, scubbed up good looking food that money can buy. Unfortunately the taste doesn't live up to its aesthetic qualities. Bland.

So brothers and sisters, join the revolution. Overthrow those who control the means of production. Get an allotment.

Now where was I on Football Manager....

No comments: